Friday, October 12, 2007

Kelowna means grizzly?




We've had our first EAD, educational activity day. It was history themed and ran by Yuchan and Nancy. The entire day was focused on learning about Kelowna's history. We did various activities, including quizzes, timelines, and tours. It was well ran and although it was a lot to take in, we learned quite a bit.

Today, I worked at the food bank. I still got that same satisfying feeling from giving people (single mothers today) food. Especially desserts again! Because they're 1 or 2 day expired, we had to get rid of them; therefore, I was giving out like 3, 4, or 5 boxes of donuts, ecclairs, muffins, cakes, cupcakes, croissants, pies and other desserts. I also learned how to seperate incoming food in the warehouse and sort it. So it was an easy day. I talked to my friend today back home. I'm a little home sick and am missing them a lot. But luckily, they're going to visit in November, so I'm excited. I'll get to show them my new friends and host family, unlike what I would have in Katimavik.

An now, because I have time, photos! They're also on my facebook.

No comments: