Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My feet are KILLING ME!





Man, this whole freakin week has been busy. Maybe this is that whole being "active" part of these damn volunteer programs. So updates haven been hard to do. But I'll try. My journals gonna have to wait.

Gary's birthday was great! I didn't have to go to work for complicated reasons, so I got to stay at home and set up for it. Tis was good. Everyone showed up periodically and the party got jumping. It was quite energetic, for me anyway. People were yelling my name every 10 minutes, if they could use this pot to cook that, where should they put the chips, where can they leave their shoes, when was the cake was coming out, etc. But it settled well. I had planned for everyone to go mini-golfing, but so many people were tired at the end of the night, it dwindled down to like 3 people wanting to go. We said screw it and just watched Knocked Up. Easy end to the night. The next day we all bussed out to a nut farm. Yes, a nut farm! And trust me, I hit every nut joke I could there. It was on West Bank, and was very scenic. The tour was pretty simple and not that exhilarating, but worth it still. Some walnuts had some super spiny shells which were fun to throw. That day, everyone got their bikes from a bike-repaired work place thingy that handicap people fix bikes at. I already had one, from my billet family. But everyone else was happy as peaches. This Sunday, we're going to a tressle for a picnic and bike ride. Today was pretty hectic. I was on my feet all day, which is why they are hurtin' so bad. It was really busy at the food bank. I kept up pretty well. But I found out I was giving some people food they weren't supposed to be getting and not giving food to some people who were supposed to get it. Whoops. My bad. Next time! Heather showed up, so we put her to work and we put together more hampers. We ran out of a few bags! The food bank was nice enough to give us some semi-expired desserts to sell at our bake sale we were holding at the Stand Up For Poverty/Make Poverty History event held at the libary today. More standing, yay! The rain put a small damper on it though. But I might be in the newspaper, which is cool. I'll try to look for it for you guys. I chatted with one of the planners, a young girl, for awhile and got her phone number. In case of those days where I just want to hang with someone new who isn't in my group. It happens. But for now, I have to go to bed early and catch up!

No comments: