Friday, October 26, 2007

Irony...we meet again....have at thee! En guarde!

Stupid irony. So, if you haven't read the last post, I suggest it to find the irony of this one. Gary was being late, as usual. He told me what time we should leave by: 8:15. There I am, yelling at the bottom of the stairs for him to get his down there. But he had to check his email and shave and tie his shoes. He SAID he would be out by 8:12. Guess not! I didn't think we were gonna make the 97 bus, so he suggested we take the South Rutland bus, which would come earlier, but would make it to down town at the same time. So we took that one. And waited...and waited. It was 5 minutes late. I had been told previously that it's prone to be late, having to pick up disabled people and almost everyone at bus stops. I was quite pissed. Not only at Gary, but just because of the fact that that morning I was going to tell my group how I felt about them being late for meeting for lunch for Tuesday's Community Activity Day. Hows that gonna make me look, showing up late and then giving them shit? So I was seething on the bus. I hauled ass as soon as we got off the bus. We were a few minutes late, but most everyone was there. Jamie told me to do a lap around the building. I gave him the finger and was about to, but he was joking. I just wasn't in the mood. So, during the circle check, I brought up my issue AND pointed out that I was well aware of the irony of my being late in accordance with the issue at hand. Maxime agreed with me, saying he did put me in charge. No one else really said anything. It hasn't been brought up again. I don't know if people just didn't think it was important or were really reflecting on it. Either way, I did my part. So, for Thursdays Environment EAD, hosted by Jamie and Jonathon, we did a few discussion in the morning about environment impacts and issues, and watched a movie on companies responses to these issues. So far, it seemed a little disappointing. Disappointing in that the worlds going to hell in a hand basket and it's seriously seeming like it's a losing battle, despite so many efforts. Don't consider this as depressing as it sounds. We went to Mission Creek Park (ironically waiting for the South Rutland bus, that JUST happened to be late as well.) So we were given a small tour around the forest, went on a small scavenger hunt and returned to center. Afterwards, most of us showed up at Value Village to find Halloween costumes for Leah's party on Saturday night. I decided to go as a ninja or robber, just so I could dress in all black (and it was cheap) I AM trying to save money for my bike trip. And most of those costumes were like 30 or 40$! I don't think so! Not at Value Village! The bastards! Today I got off work, yay! I'm on the mid-project retreat committee, so I, along with some others went with Maxime in his tiny car to the Owaissi Camp on West Bank to check out a camp for our...um....mid-project retreat. Not much to say. It was a nice camp. Standard. Right by the water. We'll take it! When we returned, Felix, Heather, Kassie and I discussed and planned a menu and the ingredients to buy and hopefully get donated from the Food Bank. And then, I'm back home, listening to the ramblings and muffled yells of young tweens downstairs for Dylan (my host brothers) Halloween party. We just finished doing the whole hand-in-spaghetti thing, grabbing plastic eyeballs. The kids were right into it. So into it, it was almost like they were about to start throwing spaghetti at eachother. Little monsters! I don't even remember what I was like at that age. As Brenda pointed out, one of the kids is like a mini-Devon, hyper and incoherently babbling. I suppose that's KIND of like me. But I don't know. My past is still just flashes. I should read through my old journals again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those people who's always late, you wouldn't like me D: Though I can be on time if I really put my mind to it.

You're a ninja eh? I'm gonna be a hooters girl o_O