Sunday, November 4, 2007

GASP! What's that around the corner? The wind!







And the insanity "vortex" as it were, continues. Yes, Erika, I'm stealing your word! The weekend was a welcomed calm one. Well, more Sunday than Saturday. But lets rewind for a second.

Bloop. That's the rewind sound. We were right back at Summerhill, sitting in that same Sailish hut, this time discussing the first nations, as part of Heather and Jack's EAD. It was very standard, but very well put together as well, might I add. One of the best EAD's planned. We got out late though, and hence, along with the shitty bus system, got home quite late. Another early night, but good sleep for work the next day. Naturally I biked, cuz, come on! And I'm training for my bike trip still. I still like working at the food bank, believe it or not. I was moving stuff around all morning. I was surprised to see there were actually a lot of volunteers that Friday! However, most of them still left in the afternoon. But by that point, I had a mission! It was my job to gather donated food from the food bank for our mid-project camp this week. Snacks, meat, chick peas, oatmeal, noodles, a lot! Our project supervisors practically shat themselves when they saw how much food we had donated. They thought I was awesome and did an amazing job and were really impressed. I found that funny because I didn't do anything. I just put the food together, the food bank donated it. What I didn't gather, I helped Maxime and Heather buy at the grocery store the next day. Man, we are gonna have a lot of food! Speaking of food, there was a big ass lunch when I pedaled my...um.....ass home. Gary and EVERY other chinese participant were busy in the kitchen making a late lunch of like, EVERY chinese dish (capitals are fun!) From what I understood, they were thanking Brenda for hosting his birthday party and me for planning it. Gary also felt bad that during his birthday party, we didn't get to try any of the chinese food that was prepared. They made a feast. And then they stayed, played poker and we rocked the house with ping pong. When everyone left, Brenda and I went to Saw 4. It was good to have a fellow movie buff whom I could have a good conversation with. We even snuck into We Are The Night (SHHHH! Don't tell!!!) Both were alright. I was tired at the end of the night, as I usually am. Sunday was a day of .....um....sun? Bah, being clever is hard! No, just a good day in which I got some things done. Brenda and I went to Bear Creek trail, took some pictures along the creek and had a lovely old time while Gary napped at home. I found out my friends are visiting THIS weekend, so I'm in a panic just to arrange times, dates, etc. But we're all very excited. I really want them to meet my CWY friends. Then they'll realize "Ohhh...these are the weirdoes Devon gets it from"

No comments: