Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crash, flash, bash and ....stash? Mash? Bah, damn clever titles are hard

So it's been a very simple week. Not one of stress or extreme schedules. Well, there was stress; personal and group.

Sunday morn, Gary, Brenda and I went to the Remembrance Day ceremony down town. I had a lot on my mind and being silent out of respect gave me a lot of focus. Plus, I wanted to pay my respects. One hour out of a year is nothing. Afterwards, Brenda, Gary and Dylan searched for a geocache I gave them the location of. Heather and I were late getting there, so they already found it. But we couldn't! I had to phone Brenda, who was then home, thinking they took it or whatever. Turns out the geocache was just extremely well hidden. Just clever. My friends, Dylan, Anthony and myself went to lazer tag! It was pretty extreme. Real relaxed on the rules, so we ran and jump and screamed. There was so much fog and lights, it was like I was on acid. So many black lights making the neon room spin; boggled the freakin' mind, man! And my friends cheated the last round! But it was fun. I went to the Mandarin study session on Monday with the Canadians. I need to try to crack down more on that. It's still somewhat difficult. The words aren't like French, where I find so many of them like synonyms to English words. They are completely new. But the way they list things, like the months, colors, or days are easy. We got distracted and started screwing around, jumping on everyone and just chatting. It really opened up our side of the group and brought out some very important issues that may rear their ugly heads later on in the future. It was an eye opening afternoon. I was quite tired upon returning home. And Tuesday, we had our own participant made CAD. It was a photo scavenger hunt, where we brought items and got to be a bit creative. It was a sunny, but cold day, so it was nice to get out and see downtown again. After lunch, we volunteered at the Food Bank, so to thank them for donating food for our mid-project camp. It was an intense 2 and a half hours. There was a lot of "Devon! Where does this go?" or "Devon, I need a job" or "Devon, what the heck is this?" or "Devon, this is leaking!" I handled it alright, but I can't handle that many people that well. "In that bin," "go do that," "thats pie filling," "take that to the kitchen." But we got so much done. I was very impressed. We did so much work, I don't have to go tomorrow! HA! I WISH! (Oh, how I wish) We went back to the Friendship Center and watched a Chinese movie called Shower. It was about a son visiting his father and handicapped son who ran a bath house. Quite good. And surprisingly, no nudity, thankfully. I came home to be whisked away to volleyball with Brenda. And immediately after, I went bowling with my friends. I saw them off tonight. Going to miss them. Things are gonna be different now. But I still have 4 months here to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank brenda for the candle holder how thoughtful
i miss this website thanks for hooking me back up
love your lenard xoox